Ontario Financial Stress Lawyer
Many people in the United States suffer from financial stress. It’s no wonder, with inflation getting so high. Everything has gotten expensive, from gas to food to housing. On top of that, wages have remained quite low in many industries.
People may suffer financial stress after losing a job. This can cause them to have debts that cannot be paid. They may have medical expenses and credit card bills. Some people’s financial problems might be a result of gambling and spending too much money.
Financial stress is a serious issue that can affect your life in many ways. Money problems can keep you up at night and affect your health. At Wadhwani & Shanfeld, our Ontario debt relief attorneys are ready to help you. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Signs of Financial Stress
Financial stress refers to worry, anxiety, or emotional tension related to money, debt, bills, and any upcoming expenses. It can manifest in many forms. Here are some signs that money problems are affecting your life:
- Anxiety when thinking about money, such as shortness of breath and racing heart
- Avoiding communication and any contact with creditors
- Feelings of shame or embarrassment
- Isolating yourself from friends and family
- Anger or irritability with certain people, such as a spouse who won’t help you pay the bills or a boss who denied your raise
- Worry, concern, or even hopelessness about the future
Financial Stress and Your Health
Financial stress can cause a lot of mental issues and changes to your everyday life. Constant worry about money can be chronic in nature and can negatively impact your health. Here are some ways in which money issues can cause health issues:
- Trouble sleeping. Money problems can keep you awake night after night. Insomnia only makes matters worse, since it’s harder to deal with finances when you’re not well-rested.
- Lack of self-care. Finances can cause your self-care routine to take a hit. You may cancel your gym membership and stop getting haircuts. You may cut back on doctor’s visits and coffee dates with friends.
- Weight gain or loss. Extreme stress can affect your appetite. Some people overeat due to stress, causing them to gain weight. Then there are those who lose their appetite when they think about their financial woes. They may skip meals and lose weight.
- Physical health issues. Stress often manifests as physical symptoms. You may experience headaches, high blood pressure, heart disease, and stomach issues.
Contact Wadhwani & Shanfeld Today
Financial stress doesn’t just affect your money. It also affects your physical and mental health. Get the help you need before it takes a toll on your body.
Don’t try to deal with your financial issues on your own. An Ontario lawyer at Wadhwani & Shanfeld can help you understand your options, such as bankruptcy and loan modifications. Schedule a consultation with our office to learn more. Give us a call at (800) 996-9932.