Palmdale Financial Stress Lawyers
Many people assume they are on top of their financial situation, but they may not be aware of how their debt is adding up to insurmountable levels over time. Credit is easy to come by, and you might assume that sticking to the minimum payments will keep things at the status quo. However, interest is adding up and your balance due keeps growing. Meanwhile, you could be getting phone calls and harassing letters from creditors, some of whom may seek payment in full after you default.
Rather than wait until debt hits hard, it is important to recognize the signs that you are financially strapped. You may need to pursue legal options, as continuing to make payments that do not reduce your debt is pointless. Wadhwani & Shanfeld can advise you on bankruptcy when appropriate, and we will assist with strategies to protect your interests. Please contact us to speak to a Palmdale financial stress lawyer. We can schedule a consultation to discuss details, and some red flags should help you assess your situation.
Signs of Financial Distress
These are some indications that your debt has become overwhelming and is starting to penetrate multiple areas of your life:
- Thinking about money keeps you up at night.
- You have to borrow to pay monthly bills, or you put bills on credit cards.
- To pay your monthly credit card bill, you have to borrow from somewhere else.
- You are receiving phone calls, letters, and harassing communications with creditors, collection agencies, and other debt collectors.
- To make ends meet on a temporary basis, you take out a payday loan at an astronomical interest rate.
- Your financial situation actually makes you physically sick to your stomach.
Options to Manage Debt
These symptoms of financial stress are serious, so you should consider various ways to get your debt under control. For instance:
- If you are behind on your mortgage, you may be able to arrange a loan modification to get back on track and avoid foreclosure.
- Debt settlement may be a way to reduce unsecured debt, such as credit cards, medical debt, and personal loans.
- Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy offer many benefits, allowing you to wipe out your debt or pay it back at a reduced amount.
How Our Team Can Help
Because there are multiple options to manage debt, an important role for Wadhwani & Shanfeld is advising you on all benefits and downsides. We help you make decisions that promote your financial interests and protect your assets. From there, our Southern California financial stress lawyers will develop a strategy and implement it. We handle negotiations, and we will handle all filings if you decide bankruptcy is a proper route.
A Palmdale Symptoms of Financial Stress Lawyer Will Counsel You on Options
If you spot any of these red flags about your finances, it is time to consider ways to effectively resolve debt. To learn more about our legal services, please contact Wadhwani & Shanfeld to set up a consultation with a Southern California bankruptcy lawyer.