If you are currently struggling with your student loan debt, don’t worry, you’re not alone. In fact, recent studies show that college students graduate with an average of $33,000 in student loan debt. Even if you have a steady paying job, it can be difficult to repay your student loan obligations. Don’t let yourself struggle for years as you attempt to manage your student loan debt. Give us a call today.
Types of Student Loan Debt We Handle
At Wadhwani & Shanfeld, we can help with the following kinds of student loan debt:
- Federal Student Loans: These loans are backed by the federal government and are highly regulated. Our attorneys can determine what your best options are for this type of debt.
- Private Student Loans: Because these loans are NOT subject to any Federal Student Loan Program, they are treated in a completely different manner. Although options for private loans are limited, we can help you negotiate favorable terms for repayment.
Bankruptcy and Student Loans
Many people assume that you are obligated to pay back all of your student loan debt, no matter what. While student loan debt can’t be discharged through bankruptcy, there are other ways to reduce your debt. However, reducing student loan debt is different than discharging other types of debt and requires a detailed analysis of your case.
Proving Undue Hardship
Student loans can sometimes be forgiven if you have endured “undue hardship” like:
- Having a disability that prevents you from working
- Being on a fixed income without the possibility of a salary increase
- Family related issues that prevent you from earning a living
Talk to Our Legal Team Today
Do you have outstanding student loan debt? Have you been receiving calls from debt collectors? At Wadhwani & Shanfeld, we provide top-notch legal services that can help you resolve your student loan debt. When it comes to student loan law, there are no easy solutions. However, our team of lawyers have the skills and experience you need to fight against unsavory debt collectors. Although student loan debt is not always dischargeable, there are ways to reduce and manage this debt. Speak with us today to discuss your options.
Contact our Ontario team of student loan debt attorneys, or call (800) 996-9932 to learn how we can assist you.