Why Our Board Certified Bankruptcy Specialists Set Us Apart
Choosing the right attorney to guide you through your legal journey is one of the most important decisions you can make in your case – and it can make all the difference in securing a swift and successful outcome. By vetting attorneys based on their experience, reputation, and record of success, you can gain a better understanding of whether or not a lawyer has the tools to help you succeed.
At Wadhwani & Shanfeld our decades of experience and thousands of satisfied clients speak for themselves. It is the fact that we have two Board Certified Bankruptcy Specialists leading our team that truly sets us apart from the rest.
Both of our firm’s founding shareholders, Attorney Raj Wadhwani and Attorney Greg Shanfeld, are Certified Specialists in Consumer Bankruptcy by the American Board of Certification (ABC), the nation’s leading legal specialty certification organization for bankruptcy and creditors’ rights. This is a prestigious distinction that not only establishes both attorneys as experts in their field, but also places them among a very select group of practicing lawyers:
- There are currently only a total of 84 Board Certified Bankruptcy Specialists in the state of California (including Bankruptcy, Consumer Bankruptcy, and Business Bankruptcy specialization). Wadwhani & Shanfeld has 2 of the 84 specialists.
- The American Board of Certification has certified less than 1,000 attorneys nationwide.
Aside from placing both of our firm’s partners in a very select group of lawyers, Board Certification is an objective measurement of their proven expertise and record of success. The ABC certification process is designed to recognize attorneys who have exemplified the highest standards, and who have passed a rigorous evaluation. ABC certification as a specialist means that our lawyers have:
- Met or exceeded stiff certification standards regarding experience, ethics, ongoing legal education, and peer review.
- Demonstrated a sophisticated knowledge of consumer bankruptcy.
- Successfully completed a comprehensive written examination on bankruptcy and the rights of creditors, legal ethics, and consumer bankruptcy.
- Displayed substantial experience handling consumer bankruptcy matters (our firm has helped file over 10,000 cases).
- Received references from and earned a positive reputation among legal peers
Certification as a specialist speaks volumes about an attorney’s level of extensive experience and expertise in their area of focus. Many legal accolades advertised by attorneys recognize lawyers based on votes or subjective criteria that does not fully vet the level of their understanding of law. By choosing our Board Certified specialists, you can feel confident knowing that your case will be in the hands on two highly capable lawyers who have met rigorous and objective standards. In much the same way that you would see a doctor who is a specialist for a specific ailment, rather than a general practitioner, you can choose to work with a lawyer who is a specialist in the legal matter for which you need assistance.
In addition to having the breadth of knowledge and ability to handle a wide range of bankruptcy and debt issues, our attorneys have learned how to best serve real people and how to help them find the most appropriate solutions to their financial problems. As Consumer Bankruptcy Specialists, Attorney Wadhwani and Shanfeld have helped thousands of men, women, families, and small business owners who have fallen on tough times. Our attorneys and staff are passionate about making a lasting difference in the lives of our clients.
If you would like to learn more about our attorneys’ Board Certification as Consumer Bankruptcy Specialists by the American Board of Certification, or wish to discuss the current debt or financial issues you are facing, we are readily available to help and discuss your case. Contact us for a free consultation.
Raj Wadhwani: Board Certified – Consumer Bankruptcy Law – American Board of Certification
Greg Shanfeld: Board Certified – Consumer Bankruptcy Law – American Board of Certification